Thursday 13 May 2021

Cloud Farm April 2021

 My first drawing out of the sketchbook was Cloud Farm. Cloud Farm is along one of our favourite dog walks, its in Doone Valley and sits on the banks of Badgworthy Water. Its been taken over by the National Trust and has a tea room & campsite. If we didn't live so close it would be on my "places to stay" list, as it is we get to see it at all times of the year.



 I bought some water colours, dug out my very ancient Karisma coloured pencils. 


As soon as I'd painted the hills I knew I'd over done it, but thought I could bring it back with the coloured pencils.



But I couldn't! Although at the time I really liked it, now I realise its a practise piece, and steep learning curve.


There are elements I still like and have carried on developing, while I learn to find my voice again. I will revisit Cloud Farm in the future and hopefully do it justice the next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment