Thursday 13 May 2021

Woolacombe April 2021

 We like to go on road trips to walk the dogs. Woolacombe is 20 miles away, so we go a lot as its a massive sandy beach that stretches for miles  especially in the winter as its a popular dog walking beach. In the summer its full of tourists, so not a good place to take 2 idiot lurchers. But whatever the season its perfect for the tiny boy's.


I never used to draw buildings, I couldn't be bothered to master perspective, but 20+ years later I am fascinated about how the shapes fit together. Maybe its due to 15 years of working with geometric shapes in my blanket designs. I even like the idea of tackling perspective, but not going to worry if its wrong, I quite like slightly wonky.
These are all sketchbook sketches so it doesn't matter if they are good or bad, I've developed the ideas and 6 weeks later using them in a big project.








No comments:

Post a Comment