Saturday 24 April 2021

Countisbury from the allotment

 Fast forward 20+ years to a month ago.

For the first time since I was at art collage, I carry a sketchbook with me and draw from life. 

I started off not knowing what I wanted to do, just that I wanted to do something, this is the reason I posted all my old work, trying to find a starting point. I'm not sure I found one, but it was good to revisit old work.

We have an allotment with the most amazing view. Across Lynmouth Bay to Countisbury, with the Blue Ball pub nestling in a little dip.


My first attempt at drawing was pretty rubbish, I'd forgotten how to look at things to see the details, my hand was wobbly and the sketchbook was made out of blotting paper.

24/3/2021

But I quickly got better, doing quick sketches in the open air and working on them when I got home. A lovely friend gave me some coloured graphics pens, so I had colour to play with.


25/3/2021

14/4/2021

I haven't finished drawing Countisbury and will get better as time goes on. I feel its important to post everything I do, even the sketches I am embarrassed of, so you/I can watch my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment