Tuesday 25 June 2024

Ilfracombe & woolcombe wip's & next.

 

Ilfracombe is nearly finished, I've just got to finish the water and my problem area, still haven't got round to poping over to take a couple of photos, but we have had car issues.



I'd almost given up with Woolacombe.
I was going to leave it unfinished and just about to take it off the board, but I've had a flash of inspiration, if I frame it slightly wonky it will resolve the straightness issues. I probably don't make much sense, but if you look at the photo's you can see what I mean.

Wonky

Slightly less wonky
 This looks more wonky, but it's only because I've twisted it in photoshop rather than real life.


My next drawing on the board will be Holdstone Down, one of our favourite dog walks. I want to draw it as an A2, but I've got a A3 frame waiting to be filled. Phil said to do what I wanted so A2 it is, eventually I'll draw an A3 to fit the frame.
I was going to take out the dogs and Maggie in the distance, but maybe I'll leave them in...

Google has just told me that Holdstone Down is considered as one of 19 holy mountains by the Aetherius Society, which I'd never heard of. It seems to be a religion based on new age and UFO beliefs. Its given me an exciting new set of  possibilities for my drawing, maybe I could sneak a ufo somewhere into the grass.



No comments:

Post a Comment