Thursday 30 May 2024

Woolacombe Wip

 I love Woolacombe.
Its an amazing place at all times of the year,
In the winter when the sea is boiling and the wind is blowing, the only people on the beach are a few hardy dog walkers. 
And in the summer when it feels like the Mediterranean, the sea is turquoise, the sand is gold and the beach is covered in happy family's enjoying their holidays.



Started 15th of May 2024
Drawn on A2 paper with a 0.05 fine line pen



Coloured with Staedler fine line coloured pens.


The I decided I'd drawn one of the houses in the wrong place, so I turned the board and started again drawing from the other side. However  the second drawing ended up out of proportion, so I turned the board again and carried on with the first drawing.

Today (30th May 2024) I've added a new house in the place that the original should of been, but as you can see my new problem is the first drawing is seriously close to the second (discarded) drawing, I will need a mount to cover it up.




In other news the my website has finally gone, I feel more emotional than I thought I would, I've had a website for 25 years, its the end of an era or maybe its the start of a new beginning.

Ilfracombe update - 30th May 2024.
I'm happy with the progress, I still need to take more photo's of Broad street and it's not so easy to pop over without a car.





No comments:

Post a Comment