Monday 5 April 2021

It all started...

 It all started a couple of weeks ago, whilst colouring with Magnus the Magnificent, Prince of Mud I realise that I was doodling instead playing with him.



Over the past few year or so I haver struggled to force myself to be interested in crochet, I think I've made my last blanket (at least for the foreseeable future).

I think my lack of enthusiasm and inspiration is partly a result of the 2020 covid lockdown's, at a time I when I should of been most creative as we were in lockdown I decided to write another crochet book. The book was a rewrite of my 2012 Desirable Crochet Motif books, I concentrated on making small motif samples for patterns, most of which were old designs. 
I half heartedly started a new blanket and badly knitted jumper. I eventually finished the blanket a few weeks ago, I'm still enjoying mindlessly knitting, and have cast on a second badly knitted jumper. Absolute zero chance of needing to write a pattern.

I was on the critically medically endangered list, the government sent me a constant stream of letters telling me to lock myself in my bedroom or there was a chance I could die. It was terrifying, my mental health really suffered, my anxiety was out of control. I wasn't in a good place, no wonder my inspiration died.

I still have 2 books left to write, the first is Magnus's blanket book, luckily the blankets are made, all I need are photo's and to lay it out, I'm hoping to get it published this year.  The second book is a scarf book, I don't know how many yet, but I can make scarves quickly so its not a big weight hanging over my head, it will probably be published in 2022, maybe 2023 depending on how much enthusiasm I have.

Going back to colouring with Magnus, I realised how happy it made me to pick up a pen again. It made me think that maybe I could start drawing and painting again, maybe I could be an artist again. It doesn't matter how good or bad I am, the process of creating was the source of my happiness, so I opened a new Instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/queenies_trees/



No comments:

Post a Comment