Saturday 10 April 2021

Early 1980's

The last time I made art was 20+ years ago, at that time I also used my sketchbooks as diaries. Reading back I was so insecure about my art and doubted myself constantly, 20+ years ago the internet was very new, instagram and blogs didn't exist. If only they had I might off had more confidence in myself and my life might of taken a different path.

Today I have Instagram and this blog, its mine to say & do and show the world whatever I want, if the world would like to comment that's fine, if it doesn't that's fine too. This is not about trying to get noticed, or trying to become famous or even good for that matter, its simply about me expressing myself and the enjoyment I get from it.

Anyway back to Instagram, after I'd posted a few doodles I decided to post a selection of my old work, mainly to decide which direction to start in and to prove to the world that I used to be able draw & paint rather than just scribble.

These drawings were all drawn in the early 1980's, I had just left art college and was a "sad Billy no mates" as all my friends had gone on to uni and other careers. I worked as a customs officer at Felixstowe docks and over the weekends sat in my car drawing houses in the town.






No comments:

Post a Comment